01/24/2021, 01/31/2021, 02/07/2021, 02/14/2021, 02/21/2021, 02/28/2021, 03/07/2021, 03/14/2021, 03/21/2021, 03/28/2021, 04/04/2021, 04/11/2021, 04/18/2021
The Edge Advanced Program for High School Students
Lead Instruction by Mary Joy Nelson, Danny Miller
With Workshops and Classes with Special Guest Artists, including:
Broadway Star Patrick Garr
University of Kentucky’s Nancy Jones
Musical Theatre Performer, Labon and Ballroom Dance Expert Nathan Allan
InnOVATION Conservatory features a hybrid approach. Students who opt for in-person classes will take turns participating in classes, alternating between online classes and in-person classes. Students who opt to be online only will receive the same classes, participate in the same productions (by submitting videos of scenes that are rehearsed online) and will not be lonely, as in "hybrid mode," we rotate who is online and who is in-person, so that in-person students are sometimes online, taking class with the online-only students. Certain masterclasses will be online only. In-person students will wear a face mask and distance at all times while in the building.
2:30-5:30pm on Sundays (Spring 2021)
January 24 - April 17, 2021
Without Spring (March 2021) Musical production: $440 or $110/4 months (Jan-Apr)
With Spring (March 2021) Musical production: $700 or $175/4 months (Jan-Apr)
For High Schoolers and Advanced Middle Schoolers. A dynamic training class that balances
individual artistic advancement with group and ensemble training, The Edge is designed to
give our students “an edge” in their field. Students will receive:
1. Individual audition training and intensive acting and vocal training using various
methods with Mary Joy Nelson.
2. Group training in acting for stage and on camera with Jeff Day or another film acting professional.
3. Musical theatre and jazz choreography styles with Danny Miller.
4. Dynamic guest teachers and master clinicians.
• Students who have previously taken an Advanced Musical Theatre Performance class may register without an interview.
• Mid-year entrance is not allowed without permission from the Executive Director. Students entering mid-year must commit to participating for the full semester and may have remedial projects/study.
• Students in The Edge are required to register separately for one of the required
dance classes: either the Monday combo class or the Saturday Jazz/MT class.
Entrance Interviews (for new students): email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Registration starts on 01/01/2021 and ends on 04/18/2021.
Please contact InnOVATION Arts Academy if you have any questions.